CS 381P Registration of Administrative Orders with the State Case Registry

10/18/82 Revised 08/28/08 Training Completed  03/16/07

UCA 62A-11-104, UCA 78B-12-112


Statutory Authority


Utah law found under UCA 62A-11-104(8) requires the Office of Recovery Services/Child Support Services (ORS/CSS) “. . .to establish and maintain the state case registry in the manner required by the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. Sec. 654a, which shall include a record in each case of:
     (a) the amount of monthly or other periodic support owed under the order, and other amounts, including arrearages, interest, late payment penalties, or fees, due or overdue under the order;
     (b) any amount described in Subsection (8)(a) that has been collected;
     (c) the distribution of collected amounts;
     (d) the birth date of any child for whom the order requires the provision of support; and
     (e) the amount of any lien imposed with respect to the order pursuant to this part;”


Procedures to Register Administrative Orders


The State Case Registry (SCR) is the ORS computer system (ORSIS).  You need only to enter the order on ORSIS to register the order with the SCR and to proceed with administrative enforcement action on the case.   Formerly, CSS would file all support orders (except current support-only orders) and sum-certain judgments with the district court in order to create a court judgment.  Changes in state law have eliminated the need to routinely file orders and sum-certain judgments with the court. 


UCA 78B-12-112(3) states as follows:  “Each payment or installment of child or spousal support under any child support order, as defined by Section 78B-12-102, is, on and after the date it is due:
     (a) a judgment with the same attributes and effect of any judgment of a district court, except as provided in Subsection (4);
     (b) entitled, as a judgment, to full faith and credit in this and in any other jurisdiction; and
     (c) not subject to retroactive modification by this or any other jurisdiction, except as provided in Subsection (4).”